The „We live in the common Carpathian basin – visitors friendly development of Szeged and Timişoara’s Zoological Gardens – Carpatzoo” projectisfinanced by the European Union European Regional Development Fund,through Hungary-Romania Cross-Border Co-operation Programme 2007-2013 and was a result of a collaboration between Timisoara and Szeged Zoo’s.
Project code: HURO/0801/018
Project leader:Szeged City Government, Csongrád County, Hungary
Project partner:Timişoara Municipality
The total budget of this project is 275.938 Euro. For TimişoaraMunicipalityas a project partner, the budget is 92.168 Euro, which 90.324,64 Euro grant (ERDF 85 %+state co-financed 13%) and 1.843,36 Euro (2%) own contribution.
The CARPATZOO project runs from October 2009 until September 2010.
Through this project the following activities were implemented on the Romanian side:
· Improvement of two water glossiness for waterfowls and other aquatic animals;
· Siting of two modern infopoints with touchscreen monitors(one indoor and one outdoor) in the ZOO
Information panels in 3 languages:
In the spring, through the Environmental Department concern, informative panels were made, in three languages: Romanian, Hungarian and English, to inform visitors about the animals of Zoo collection. There have been a total of 75 information panels. No amounts were allocated to the project budget, but the need was anticipated, reason for which were made by internal effort, in order to inform visitors and promote the tourism offer, pending the project website, publications and informative panels were realized.
- Realization of 3 Informative panels:
During the project, pupils from secondary schoolswere involved in complex environmental protection activities. Also artistic activities were conducted..The drawings, other artistical works, esees and presentations regardind animals form the ZOO collection were exposed to visitors in tha informative panels:
· Creation of web camera system in Zoo with 20 cameras;
· Preparing the project’s website: www.carpatzoo.ro;
· Elaboration of informational publications in three languages - Romanian, Hungarian and English - brochures and leaflets
· Organizing an educational trip to Szeged Zoo for 90 children and 10 teachers in the Zoological Park in Szeged;
· Hiring a person holding a biology-zoology degree. The biologist tasks are mainly to offer consultancy in biology - zoology activities related to the project. Basically, the support of the biology expert is to prepare and offer consultancy for Timisoara Zoo Garden in order to set up a database for the project brochures, leaflets, infopoints touch-screen systems, website and to make presentation materials about Carpathian wildlife, protected animals for educational purposes.